We here at Yorkdale Volkswagen have been closely monitoring all developments regarding COVID-19 and are doing everything in our power to help protect our clients and our staff.
Due to the new COVID-19 restrictions we can no longer accommodate walk-in traffic at our dealership:
- Our Sales and Service departments will be open by appointment only
- Parts will be available for curb-side pick-up only. You can reach our Parts Department at 416-741-9464.
In addition, we have implemented the following policies and procedures to help ensure to safety of our staff and our customers:
- Our sales consultants will not be in the vehicle for the test drive and all vehicles will be sanitized before and after every test drive.
- We offer remote vehicle purchase and delivery to customers who wish to skip the showroom and buy from home. To book your appointment or buy remote, either complete our online contact form or call us at 416-741-7480.
- The only public access to the building is via our automatic doors.
- We have clearly-defined markers on floors, workstations and chairs to help ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Cash transactions will not be accepted.
- Acrylic sneeze guards are in place on our sales consultants’ and service advisors’ desks.
- If you bring your vehicle in for service, all touchpoints will be disinfected prior to pick-up.
- Drive-through doors are operated manually to only allow two vehicles in the bay at any given time. We ask that customers queue in their vehicles.
- We have discontinued shuttle service until further notice. We’re happy to arrange an Uber for you, but if you’re uncomfortable with this please come prepared with alternate transportation.
- Punch Buggys café is now only open for take-out only.
- Our dealership is adhering to best practices and guidelines set forth by the WHO as well as local public health authorities.
- All employees are trained on the preventative steps they need to take to keep the dealership safe.
- Our cleaning staff has increased the frequency of cleaning/disinfecting all public touchpoints such as door handles, surfaces, etc.
- We have increased the availability of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes at our dealership
- Our workstations are disinfected after every customer visit.
- Our vehicles are disinfected after every test drive.
- We have implemented a no-touch policy for our staff (e.g. no shaking hands or physical contact with customers or other staff members).
- We are instructing staff to stay home if they’re not feeling well.
- We are instructing staff that have traveled to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- The total number of staff working at the dealership at any given time has been reduced.
- Staff members have been further spaced out so that sales staff and service advisors are working at every other work station and technicians are working at every other hoist.
- Customers will be asked to digitally approve the work requested instead of signing the Work Order.
- Completed repair orders will be e-mailed to customers.
Thank you again for your understanding and we hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.
Due to the increase of COVID numbers in Toronto we are asking every service customer to:
- Queue in their vehicle when they arrive for their service appointment (as opposed to waiting in the dealership).
- No longer wait in our dealership while we work on their vehicle. We are offering complementary Uber rides at an extended distance.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Our Punch Buggys Café will be re-opening on Monday, September 21st for dine-in and take-out. We will be implementing the following safety precautions upon re-opening:
- Punch Buggys staff will be wearing a face mask at all times in the café.
- Physical distancing measures will be in effect and seating within the café will be spaced out / closed off accordingly.
- Patrons must wear face masks in the café unless they are eating or drinking.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.